Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Movies and Such

Ben and I just finished watching "Everyone's Hero." What a great movie! It came out last September, but we never had a chance to see it. We borrowed it from the library and have to return it tomorrow, so I told Ben we had to watch it. Glad we did. Found out that Christopher Reeve (aka Superman) was the director/producer and died during filming. His wife, Dana, was also a producer and was the voice of the mother. She died during post production. How sad! We went on imdb to check out other trivia and to figure out who voiced what character (I use this website for every movie I see). Once Ben found out that Will Reeve, their son (who's now 15) didn't have his parents, he asked, "I wonder who he lives with?" Well, sure enough, in his biography it says that he and his mother arranged for him to live with a friend and his family after the death of his mother. Wow. And then Ben starts asking about what would happen if we died...I hate this conversation! It happens every so often, and Ben will get all sad thinking about the possibility of us dying and leaving him.

We also saw Ratatouille and Transformers at the drive in last night. Both were great movies. We are just movie junkies, I guess. Leads me to make a running list of movies I've seen...but maybe tomorrow. I am still recuperating from the drive in last night, I mean this morning. Long story, but suffice it to say that I need to learn how to jump cars with the cables I keep faithfully in my van. One cannot rely on men to help a woman in distress.

No comments: