Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I CANNOT BE THIS OLD, I SWEAR!


My baby is 15 today. Well, not until 12:45 PM, but I did go into labor right about now (1:00 AM). I still remember it vividly...contraction...get up and pee (which was a huge feat with me 9 months pregnant getting out of a waterbed!)...fall asleep...wake up to another contraction...get up and pee...this continued until I finally realized it was time to call the doctor. She didn't seem to be to concerned and thought I could wait a bit longer, you know, take a shower, pack, etc. We got down to the hospital that doesn't exist anymore (Bethesda Oak in Cincinnati), get checked in, get an exam, and guess what? That little shit is in breech position. All those birthing classes for nothing! So Colin Alan Cunningham was born C-section by Dr. Richard Valido on July 10, 1992. Now he's taller than me and would rather hang with his friends than be with his mom (unless I am buying him something!) His party is tonight- a bunch a teenage boys hanging out. Gone are the days of organized games and party favors.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just had to say hi. You dont know me, but I did a Google search for my GYN, Dr. Valido. He too, performed a c-section on me with my daughter in 2004. I cannot believe how quickly children grow!