Sunday, July 15, 2007

Camping Fun


We went camping this weekend with Alan's sister and her family. It was a great weekend! We went to Morgan's Riverside Campgrounds, the same place we went last August with the Sextons. Our campsite was large, grassy, and had a close porta-potty. The kids had a great time playing in the river, and we also tried to canoe on Saturday. We had the 4 of us plus Buckeye in the canoe, and it was just too heavy. We were dragging a lot! Halfway through Ben and I got out (at the campsite) and Alan and Colin continued on the remaining 3 miles without us. They had a great time. The weather was nice, not too hot, and it only rained for a bit this morning while we were still sleeping. Now for the yucky part, packing everything back up where it belongs in the garage and LAUNDRY...ugh. We're going to be camping next month with Jodi, Ron and Perry Sexton for the 2nd annual Cunningham/Sexton (or is it Sexton/Cunningham?) camp out. We're going to try Morgan's campgrounds in Brookeville, IN, this time. It comes highly recommended. I am definitely not canoeing. I'll keep watch over the campsite and read a book while they're gone!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Thank God....told you I didn't want to Canoe, now you know why. It was fun when I was young, now if I don't have to do it, I ain't doing it. Glad you had fun, I am sure Aug. will be even more fun!