Monday, August 6, 2007

Friends

Chris Catie Sue Cyndi

I took the boys to PA for one last visit before school starts. It just so happened that my best friend from high school (who also lives in the Cinti area) was going "home" to visit the same time. Our dear friend, Chris, still lives in PA, so we coordinated a visit to visit Chris at her home in Wexford. It was a wonderful visit! We got to see Chris' husband, Aaron, and their two beautiful children, Sam (2 1/2) and Catie (almost 1).

Sadly, Sue and I live only about 25-30 minutes apart, but we haven't seen each other in about 2 years. Life just gets in the way. It took for us to be in PA at the same time in order to see each other. It was definitely a God thing that Sue mentioned in my birthday card that she was going to be going to PA. I called her, told her I'd be there the same time, and the rest fell together so perfectly! We cannot let this much time pass before seeing each other again.

On that note, I will be seeing Liane (longtime best friend from junior high in Illinois who now lives in Indiana) this week. One of her daughters, Lexi, is my goddaughter. I am planning a short trip to Indy to visit them and go to Conner Prairie.

God has blessed me with some wonderful friends over the years! I need to do better at taking care of that gift. Here's to friendship that lasts forever!

No comments: