Sunday, August 12, 2007

Champions of Faith


If you know me, you know I am not a big baseball fan. We usually go to one game a year if we can get free or really reduced tickets. My favorite baseball player of all time is Willie Stargell, #8 of the Pittsburgh Pirates. It goes without saying that Roberto Clemente, #21 of the Pirates, is also a favorite.

I was listening to a Rosary Army podcast today, and they advertised a new movie out called Champions of Faith (Baseball Edition.) It is a movie about the lives of some major league baseball players and their Catholic faith. Please watch the trailer on the Champions of Faith website. (Click Champions of Faith in the previous sentence.)

As a special bonus, my current favorite baseball player, Sean Casey, is one of the spotlighted players! I didn't know he was Catholic! No wonder I like him so much. It's just too bad the Cincinnati Reds had to trade him, then the Pirates. Oh well, Detroit's gain, I guess. He was well liked in Cincinnati, and he did a lot of wonderful charity work.

I think it's great that there are star players out there who are so strong in their faith and are willing to share it with others. I can't wait to see it. I am going to suggest to our pastor, Fr. Tharp, that we purchase it for the church.

No comments: