Sunday, January 28, 2007

Busy Weekend



Yesterday was one of those days where there was a lot going on. Ben had a 12 noon basketball game, then Pinewood derby at 1 PM. We had to stay to the end because I was on the clean-up crew (although when you have too many people on the clean-up crew there's nothing to do, so I wasn't really needed.) After that, we went to Janel's house for the evening. Ben finally got to hang with his buddy Ethan, Janel's 4th grader, and I got to hang with Janel! We scrapbooked and played with her Cricut machine. I only got 4 pages done, but it was so great spending time with Janel. Her oldest son, Travis, played his trumpet for us (he's great!), and we got to see the boys play some dance game on the PS2. They also played on the Wii, which Ben wants desperately. Brennan, her middle son was at the neighbor's house watching movies. Janel and I get to eat together during a very quick lunch break at school M-T-W, but it amounts to about 15 minutes or so. Having 5 hours of talking time was priceless! I hope we can do it more often! Today I worked at Stitches. It was very slow at first, thankfully because I was fighting a pattern: how can these companies charge $8 for a pattern that's' not accurate? It took me almost 2 hours to cut 2 kits out because the yardage requirements on the back were different. That is a big pet peeve of mine, and I have encountered many patterns that are inaccurate. Anyway, no sooner did I finish that project then about a billion people showed up. It was like they thought the store opened at 2 and not noon. We were really busy, the way a Sale day should be, and the next thing you know it was 4. I like days like that.

No comments: