Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Back at Home

Mom is finally home from the hospital. She got home today around noon. I arrived in Carnegie on Saturday night. Spent lots of time with Mom in the hospital on Sunday and Monday. I am so blessed that I am able to do this. My school has an awesome sick leave policy that includes relatives. Ben has called only twice asking me to come home "Now." He said his PapPap ChooChoo (my dad) could take care of Gramma! Really, I know he could, but this way I can help out until they get into a routine of sorts with mom not being able to take care of my grandmother (93 years young) like she usually can. Grammie Annie is very low maintenance, but she still has a routine (prune juice at 1 PM!) I know this is helping Dad, who I know appreciates it, as he's told me time and time again.

I have been able to do some sewing, embroidery, and reading. Even watched Failure to Launch with Mom this evening (if you haven't seen it yet, you have to. It's worth it just to see Terry Bradshaw in the nude!) I am hoping to stay on track with my Beth Moore Bible study on Daniel and also do some scrapping. This is a life of leisure you might say!

Alan's doing a great job at home taking care of the house and the boys. He's in mourning today after the Buckeyes' terrible loss to Florida in the BCS game last night. I am kind of glad I'm not at home!

No comments: