Monday, April 23, 2007

Tire Trouble


Man plans, God laughs. Don't remember where I heard or read that, but it's so true! Today was a fiasco! Ben had an opportunity to participate in a discussion panel for kids about food at Qfact Marketing today. He'd make $50 for sitting in on a discussion. Pretty easy way of making money, I'd say. Problem was, he had to be there at 4 PM all the way in Blue Ash, about a half hour trip with no traffic or problems. So I left school early (got someone to cover for me so I wouldn't have to get a sub), picked Ben up early from school (about 15 minutes) and we made our way to Blue Ash via the highway. This is where the craziness began. My tire blew while I was in the left lane of I-275, just before the Tri-County exit. I wasn't able to get over to the exit in time, so I had to stop on the side of the road. There is no shoulder since there was construction, so here I am in a pile of dirt! Long story short the tow truck man had to drive past us, dispatch for police aide (since we were in a dangerous spot) and an hour and 45 minutes later we were off the side of the road, our full-size spare (cool!) tightly on and on our way back home...in MAJOR rush hour traffic! Needless to say Ben didn't earn his $50, I didn't get my "cut" of the earnings for taking him, and I now need to replace my spare tire. Good thing is my spare was full-size and in great shape, so I don't need to buy a new expensive tire. Just a replacement to put as a spare. Thank God we were not hurt, hurt no one else, and caused no damage to our car or any other vehicle on the road. It could have been much worse. God is laughing at my crazy plan to make some cash and put me back in my place. What's hard to see in the picture is there is no side to the tire. You are seeing the inside. CRAZY!

No comments: