Sunday, April 29, 2007

Camp Out

Ben, Colin, and I spent the weekend at Gov. Bebb Preserve for Cub Scouts. It rained on Friday, was mostly beautiful on Saturday (except for a thunderstorm early in the evening) and we had a pretty good time! Remind me NOT to take 2 teenagers with me next time! One is hard enough! Colin was allowed to bring a friend, and he chose Nick. Two hyper teenagers with a bunch of hyper cub scouts is not a good mix!

Some of the fun things we did: nature walks, a speaker about birds of prey (we got to see a kestrel, Eastern Screech Owl, Peregrine falcon, and a great horned owl), the boys jumped off a big log into the creek, played card games, told ghost stories, and ate lots of good food made in the pie irons. We slept in the youth hostel, so we didn't have to set up the tent. The hostel was great...there was a lot of room for sleeping (all of the boys from Den 1 slept there), there was electricity, a fridge and stove, a huge fireplace, and two big tables. All in all it was a fun trip, but I am beat! I love my bed!

No comments: