Monday, December 24, 2007

Sad news

Now that my emails are back in order (I think I ended up getting over 600 emails from my mom and the CF foundation) I was able to get some important emails. One being very sad news that Karen Visely (see blog entry a few weeks ago) died on Wednesday. Here are my sister's words:

I'm so sorry to pass the news that Karen did not recover from the injuries sustained in the horrific fire that destroyed her home. She passed away late this morning. That's all the information I have at this time. Thanks for all your prayers. Please keep her family, her students and her fellow teachers in your prayers. She's now at peace. God bless, Madonna

How sad, but I, too, am so glad that God took her to be at peace in Heaven. I cannot even fathom the torture she would go through during the healing process. It really puts things into perspective. I can write about stuff that drives me crazy, but what she and her family went and will go through is just unimaginable. Please keep her children (2 adult children) and her family and friends in your prayers. I just keep thinking about her 4th grade class and those children who loved her so much.

Merry Christmas, everyone. Please be safe. Have happy times with loved ones.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I would like to thank all the teachers and her school for all the love and support they gave Karen in her last days. Karen was the best sister a brother could ask for. She is at peace now with God. I will miss you dearly Sis. Thank you Cyndi for your kind words.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for the loss of Karen, my son is in her class, she will be greatly missed. I wanted to organize a fundraiser selling tickets to have a memorial for her, but the school declined. Unfortunalty I do not have the funds myself to start something on my own. I am very disapointed in the school. Karen gave so much for her kids and I feel that we should give back to her. If anyone would like to call the school to try to get something organized feel free. The number is 724-547-4100 you will need to speak to the administration office, Mr.Wilson. My name is Stephanie Smeltz, and the fundraiser that I want to do is a Pampered Chef ticket sale. Tickets could be $5 each with 2 numbers going off on the daily lotto. (the last fundraiser I did like this I raised $7,000)

On a seperate note, the kids in her class are sad, but managing. They had a nice Christmas pizza party (a local pizza shop was nice enough to donate) While she will be greatly missed, I belive that she left her mark on all of the children that were in her class. If anyone has any questions about getting a fundraiser going, please feel free to eamil me. slj1229@aol.com Blessings, Stephanie