Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

The gifts are all wrapped and under the tree. It's 1 AM, and I just took the last gulp of Santa's wine (yes, here at the Cunningham household he gets wine if we have it...Santa doesn't like milk...ugh...especially a cup of it that's been sitting out since bedtime...) It's time to go to bed...the boys will be up by 6, I am sure. Last year it was 5:30 I think! Tonight we had wedding soup, went to Niederman's Farm for their Christmas Walk (even Alan went!), and after Ben went to bed at 9:30 (his idea is that the earlier you go to sleep the earlier you can get up!) Colin and I watched The Flintstone's Christmas Carol. Well he watched it. I am not very good at sitting down and watching something. I was asleep on the couch before he met Marley's ghost! I woke up just in time to see Scrooge see the error of his ways and repent. Great story.

I hope everyone has a joyous and blessed Christmas with family and friends. I know it's a time of gift giving and receiving (why must it be so stressful to get just the right presents, the right amount of gifts under the tree for each boy, etc) when the true meaning is that God sent his Son to earth. He asked a poor girl and her fiance to take on the responsibility of caring for the One who will open the gates of Heaven for us. Let us not forget the real meaning of Christmas, and continue the celebration through the season of Christmas that lasts through the Feast of the Epiphany on January 6.

In the words of Charles Dickens and Tiny Tim, "God bless us, every one!"

No comments: