Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Summer's HERE!

School is finally out! That's me dancing up at the top of the page on the EMPTY playground after the kids left! Friday was my last day. On Saturday the family packed up the van and traveled east to PA to visit my family. We had a great time! On Sunday we had a huge picnic/graduation party for my niece Katlin, nephew Zack, cousins Deanna, Allison, and Alicia. There was good food, great fun, and most importantly, a lot of LOVE! We have an awesome family! Because all of the grandkids were together in one place (it hasn't happened since this time 4 years ago when Deanna graduated from high school) we tried to get a picture taken. What a fiasco! But I think among the 100 pictures we took there's at least one that everyone is looking at the same camera with eyes open! Even harder was a picture of the WHOLE family (Mom, Dad, all five kids and their spouses and kids). This one isn't the best but you can almost see everyone. And the last picture is one of Alan's campsite on top of my parents' house. They live in an underground house, and you can walk on their roof. In the case of this weekend, you can camp and play bocce on the roof! This is a view of the back of the house. The front is virtually all underground and only the front door is visible.
Anyway, we had a great time visiting family and going to Kennywood, Pittsburgh's own amusement park. Now that we're back home we will keep busy with Ben's social calendar (that kid gets invited to more parties than I ever did!) Oh, and I can't forget to post a picture of the girls: Mom, Jovanna, Madonna, and me.
from l to r: Jovanna, Mom, Madonna, Cyndi

No comments: