Monday, June 18, 2007

Ben's First Catch

On Father's Day we went to Marsh Lake around the corner (literally) and went fishing. It was hot, so I know the fish were hanging in the deep end, but Ben was able to catch his first ever fish, and small bluegill. It's bigger than Colin's first and only catch a few years ago. I have never seen Alan catch a fish, but I am sure he caught his share in his boyhood. I just love the look of sheer joy on his face! Alan was getting a bit frustrated with him because Ben kept reeling in, casting off, reeling in, casting off, etc. So what if the kid wants to cast off and reel in? Apparently sitting there doing nothing wasn't successful, so why not? I am sure Ben and I will spend a few days this summer hanging at Marsh Lake so he can have fun casting and reeling. As long as he doesn't ask me to bait the hook...

Please keep Ben in your prayers. He's having some kind of anxiety/panic "episodes" lately. Not sure what sparked them, but they started last Tuesday on our way home from PA, and he's had a few since then. It's so unlike him to cry to go home or not want to sleep over a friend's house...And as a mother, I keep thinking the worst...was he molested? Did he do something wrong that he's now feeling remorse over? Did someone hurt him? Did he witness something? The questions go on and on. He says no to all of them, but saying "No" is easy to do. Just say a little prayer for him every now and again. Hopefully "this too shall pass."

No comments: