Thursday, September 27, 2007

Long time no blog

It's been a crazy few weeks. School is still crazy, but better. We now have 19 kids in each class, and thankfully 2 really awesome para professionals (aides, attendants) who are so helpful. They will make this year bearable. It still really sucks that I am kicked out of school at 2:30, but there are some good things about it. I can sometimes go home and take a nap! Scouts has started, and don't get me started on that one! REP (formerly known as CCD) started last week, so now I am booked on Monday and Tuesday nights. It all seems to start at the same time and I get so bogged down. Thankfully the first pack meeting is over...I had tons of things to do for that. I am not going to mention the thankless cubmaster or how I blew up after the meeting. Just suffice it to say that I really needed ice cream after that meeting, but I didn't get any!

Last night I was able to listen to my godson, Korey, (pictured here on Easter Sunday after squirting whipped cream into his mouth...isn't he cute?) as he DJ'd his radio show on WVBC Bethany 88.1FM. It took me forever to finally get the stream (my ignorance and the slowness of the computer are to blame), but I was finally able to check him out. We called him and requested a few songs, and in a few minutes he did a shout out to his Aunt Cyndi in Cincinnati! Mom called him right after that, and he did a shout out to his Gramma Marianne and PapPap Terry and Grammie Annie! He played Benny Goodman's "Pennsylvania 65000." How fun! If you want to check him out, check out http://www.bethanywv.edu/wvbc/
He's on Tuesday and Wednesday nights from 8-10 PM.

Here's a pic of Korey and my nephew, Brian, on Easter Sunday.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

How cool...sorry about the ice cream I needed some too, but was too annoyed to attempt to coordinate. Next time...for sure and maybe under less stress!